Monday, August 4, 2008

Apples and Pears Bib and Burp Cloth Set

I love making burp cloths! They are simple, but cute and very functional! The first one I ever made was for Isaac....that wasn't that long ago, but boy have I come a long way since then! It may not be the best looking burp cloth, but its still my favorite to use with him! Since then, I've tried many different fabric combinations....terry cloth, flannel, minkee, cotton wovens...I love them all! But, my favorite part is finding different, adorable ways to embellish or personalize them.





Here is my latest set - and my favorite to date! This is a luxurious set made with designer Alexander Henry Apples and Pears fabric and pastel pink minkee. It's so soft against baby's skin - and absorbent to boot! I appliqued two pears and an apple on the burp cloth and I just love how it came out!



Here's a link to the listing on Etsy:

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How cute! I especially love that little girly fruit one!

You know, I used to have a baby bib and burp boutique on Etsy, which I shut down after the holiday rush last year. I was crackng up when I read your comment on my blog about how nice to be able to just can in my pictures... trust me, I know! After spending all night sewing sewing sewing, the last thing I wanted to do was take a million photos of my items!

Your shop is just adorable!

sweetpicklespottery said...

I love all of your things, if I still had a little one I would be buying all the time!