Sunday, December 21, 2008

Dear Kids Sunday

In an attempt to keep me blogging regularly and record some of the precious, fleeting moments that I have with my kids, I've stolen an idea from Kelly of Macaroni and Glue (who stole it from someone else). It's called 'Dear Kid(s) Day'. My day will be Sunday - each Sunday I will post a letter to my children highlighting the week's activities, milestones, etc. So, here goes!

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Dear Ryleigh and Isaac -
Well, we survived another crazy week!

On Monday morning we headed out to dance class. On the way Ryleigh and I had a wonderful conversation that covered just about everything. First we talked about how Christmas is only 10 days away and how you don't think Santa be coming to our house because you're not sure you were a very good girl this year. I told you we'd have to wait and see, but I thought he'd be coming to our house. You went on to say how you loved Reindeer and thought it was pretty cool to feed them at Santa's Village last week. Then you randomly switched up the conversation to say that 'Maybe next year, when you're 4, you'll like swimming lessons and you won't be scared and cry'. We'll have to see - I know you'll be so much bigger when you're 4! We arrived at dance class to find out that they still didn't have power from Thursday's ice storm and class was cancelled. We decided to go to the library for story time instead. We hadn't been to the library in so long because it conflicts with dance class. Mrs. Cole was happy to see you guys there and she couldn't believe how big Isaac had gotten. The theme at story time was Haunakkah and we sang Haunakkah songs, learned about dreidels, and painted a Star of David. Ryleigh enjoyed that part! Isaac enjoyed the star-shaped cookies that Mrs. Cole made for everybody. The rest of the day was pretty 'usual'. Ryleigh - you had a terrible melt-down at bath and bed time. You really need to take your naps!

Tuesday is preschool day for Ryleigh. You always have a good time at preschool even though I can never get information out of you about what you do. But, you did come home with a cute little paper horse that you made and a picture of an Easter basket with colored eggs that you cut out and glued on all by yourself. This was of course an exercise in cutting and pasting and learning about the oval shape. Afterall, it is Christmas time, not Easter. You also 'visited' Iran today - at least that's what I got from the paperwork that came home with you....you wouldn't talk about it. I really wish you'd talk to me more about school. While you were at school Isaac took a little nap. Poor baby...you haven't been feeling well. We took you to the doctors twice last week - you were running a fever and were diagnosed with double ear infections. I thought you were getting better, but you came down with a fever again Monday night. So, after Ryleigh got out of school we headed back to the doctors. Unfortunately there was nothing they could do for you...its a viral infection and just needs to run its course. I hope you're feeling better for Christmas!

Wednesday we stayed home for the day. It was snowing when we woke up and Ryleigh immediately wanted to go out and play in it. So we did. It took about 10 minutes to get everyone suited up in their winter gear. Ryleigh, you loved the snow. You made snow angels and 'belly angels'...which are apparently snow angels done on your belly. Isaac, you hated it. You could barely move in your snow pants and boots. You couldn't walk without falling over. You reminded me of Randy from 'A Christmas Story'. lol....you just kept falling on your butt and crying. Poor kid. So, unfortunately, we didn't stay out long. After we came in, we wrapped some gifts...Ryleigh was such a big helper with the tape. I decided not long into this project that wrapping is a project to be done after bed time. But, you had fun with it. You also helped me clean my room out a little bit today. We got some new bedroom furniture, so I had to clean out drawers, etc. You found some of my old jewelry which you thought was beautiful and we dressed you up in it. Isaac still wasn't feeling very good and after being up most of the night, he slept from 10:30-3:00!

Thursday is preschool day again and this Thursday was your Christmas party! Parents were invited to come back to school at 10:00 for 'lunch'. We brought a veggie platter and dip and there were lots of other goodies there as well. I was excited to see you in your school environment since I didn't get to go to your Autumn Party...Daddy went with you to that one. I watched you sit at the table and eat your lunch like you NEVER do at home. At home you're so restless at the table. Miss Elaine must really keep you in line! I think she should come live with us! Isaac got to go to the party as well. You were a handful, buddy. You kept climbing on the chairs to get into the food that was on the table and you were insistent on eating tomatoes which I don't like to give you because of your reflux. Miss Elaine gave each of you gift bags with a puzzle, a book, a coloring book, and some crayons in them. Ryleigh loved her gift and immediately opened the crayons and colored puppy pictures for everybody. The other bit of excitement for the day was that Isaac's 9th tooth popped through! YAY!

Friday...today we went to kindergym and guess who else came?!?! SANTA! Both of you were a little leary of Santa...you didn't want to sit in front of him with the other kids. Santa brought everybody gifts. Ryleigh got some little dollhouse type dolls and Isaac got a ball! You were both happy with your gifts. We came home and you both had naps. Ryleigh - this was your only nap this week! I basically had to lock you in your room, but you napped and it was soooo nice! I love you to pieces, but Mommy really looks forward to that break in the day. After nap we cuddled up on the couch and watched 'I Want a Dog for Christmas Charlie Brown'. Or at least we attempted to. Isaac - you didn't think sitting down for a whole hour was a good idea so you climbed and jumped all over me and annoyed your sister and laughed when she got mad at you. And to think you're only 14 months. lol...Daddy got home early today so you got to spend more time with him than you normally do at night and both of you really enjoyed that.


Saturday was the Goodheart Family Christmas Party at Grammie and Grampie's house. You both had a ball running around playing with your cousins, eating tons of food and waaaaay too much sugar! You also got gifts, of course. Ryleigh - you got a Doodle Pony, Candy Land, Chutes and Ladders, a new backpack, a sock monkey, and a little wooden basket that your cousin Chloe painted for you. Isaac - you got a set of 3 construction trucks, a Pooh bear stuffed animal, and a new really cool bath toy that I'm sure your sister give you a chance play with. After all the festivities, Ryleigh ended up sleeping at Grammies. You love it at Grammies - you practically live there. In fact, you told Grammie last time you stayed that you thought you should just live at Grammie's and just come stay at Mommy and Daddy's house once in a while to visit. It's funny and hurts my feelings at the same time. But, I understand...you sure do love Grammie!


Today has been a lazy day...we're getting a big snowstorm today. We're expecting over a foot of snow! So, we've just been hanging out inside all day. We've been in our pj's all day...we played Ryleigh's new Candy Land game. Mommy won and I was proud of you when you weren't sad that you lost. You can't wait to go out and play in the snow tomorrow!


Sorry...no pics to post this week...the monitor died on the desktop computer which is where all my pics are stored. But, its been a fun week and I love you guys to pieces! Looking forward to Christmas next week!


Love,
Mommy

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I LOVE this idea!!!! I was just playing with my guys and my oldest gave my youngest this biggest hug & kiss...I wanted to jot it down to remember forever...and that meant finding a pc. of paper...or that calendar for them...and then a pen...wait...Keaton, don't eat the paper!...oh, B pooped out his diaper...what did I want to remember? lol

I think I'll be stealing this idea ;-)

Beautiful chlidren!