Monday, June 30, 2008

I Took the Handmade Pledge!

I'm fairly new to Etsy and had never heard of it before being introduced by a friend. I have found so much incredible talent there! It's unbelievable! Whenever I want to buy something, I search Etsy first. So, when I came across the 'Handmade Pledge' - I didn't hesitate to sign right up! For those who haven't heard of it, it's a pledge to 'buy handmade this holiday season and request that others do the same for you'. After seeing the work available on Etsy and other handmade shops, I'd much rather support these artisans than to buy a commercially mass-produced item. And I'd be honored to be the owner of something from one of these talented artists. So....for all of you out there who are just DYING to buy me a gift - please search Etsy! :) And if you'd like to sign the pledge yourself, the link is below. You don't have to make and sell handmade items to sign - you just need to pledge to buy HANDMADE!!!!!

http://www.buyhandmade.org/page/2/21151

And to make things even easier for those wanting to buy handmade...I'll be showcasing some of the amazing work of some of the amazing people that I've met through a couple of different Etsy groups that I am a member of. I'll be showcasing a different shop owner every week.

No comments: